Friday, November 04, 2005

Healing the Adult within me.

I have heard a lot about talking to and guiding your inner child into healing. I have practiced this method myself and especially like to have my teddy bear help me with this. What I just discovered it that there are also some Adult Inside areas of myself that will benefit from this method of healing.

While I have been taking a week break from classes, I had a long list of things to do that have become a regular between class routine. Organized my desk, check on update for my website and computer, get text books exchanged etc. On Monday there was a storm moving through here and the power went off for over three hours. While it was off, I wandered around with a flashlight only a small bit of light in the northern window.

I found a journal that I had written years ago. I sat by the bleek light of the northern window feet up on the couch house empty I read it. I laughed, I cried, I contemplated.... But, mostly I fell in love with her all over again and talked to her about how precious she is. She often took on other peoples 'stuff' and rarely saw where they had done her wrong. I had to straighten her out on a few points like: It was not your fault, It was not about you, There was nothing wrong with you.... That one knew how you live....he took advantage of you sweetie, It is ok to love.... I won't let anyone hurt you like that again, Hoping he is free of his demons now Your only fault was loving him....you did nothing wrong. and so forth.

When the lights came back on... I wanted to keep reading. I got to see myself looking back, and the strangest feelings came up as if she was someone else as if she was really making the best of what was and her compassion was astonishing. I just love her. And I am grateful that the lights went out so I could see somthing I had not seen before on a journey back in time. I got to see myself in a different light. I learned that there have been parts of myself dwelling unknowingly in the past. I now have a way to help myself heal more, to live more freely as I leave the past behind and move on into a Bright and Loving future.

IN JOy Brightest Blessings, GypsyOwl

No comments: