Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Inspirations

I am often asked about my artwork "What inspired you". I have given this some thought and realized that each piece has it's own answer.

In general I am inspired by nature, people and other artists. My most recent inspirations are right on my back porch. I have some potted flowers, some visiting butterflies and hummingbirds and an occasional lizard, frog or dragonfly that keep me company. When they are close enough to see their eyes for extended periods of time, it is a sign for me to capture their beauty in art. They pose for me. I recently finished two new designs, a poinsetta and a lotus, these reminded me the beauty I find in florals. ( see them at http://www.cafepress.com/gypsyowl )

I also love landscapes, rocks, trees and water. I am inspired by clouds, the moon and sunsets. I guess you might say that my art is a reflection of what I see in nature, in my everyday life and in the extraordinary way that the Earth and the Universe collaborate in the beauty of living.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gypsyowl,
I really like your work. You have a very distinctive style!
Reading what inspires you, I see similarities to my own art's inspiration. I too gaze at the moon, the clouds, the flowers and the trees. I especially like getting up close to nature and seeing the immaculate complexity of design in tree bark, sea shells, birds feathers and other such beautiful things.
I also see the shapes and colours of everyday life, such as when I photographed cut up celery with peanut butter sitting on the cutting board before eating it. just because of the shapes and colours.
Creativity is a wonderful thing!

GypsyOwl said...

Hi Amere,
I really love your work. "HeartStrings" is wonderful especially. I see the simularities in our inspirations as well. I just finish a schell that I was amazed by so much I just sat and stared into it long after it was done. I will be posting it to the shop this evening.
I thrive on nurturing my creative nature. I am looking forward to watching your gallery over time and would be delighted to add your site info here and at the gift shop.
IN JOy Brightest Blessings,
GypsyOwl