Tuesday, September 05, 2006

An Opportunity to Make Choices....

Good Morning,

Each day is an opportunity to make choices.
From the choice between coffee or tea, the path to work or school to the more complicated and more significant choices that life in general presents to us.

What kind of music will I listen to today?
What book will I read?
What program will I watch?
What will I eat or drink?
What will I wear?
Who will I talk with?

What are my principles?
What are my preferences?

(sorting the two, help me at the most important crossroads each day)

Where will I venture, travel or explore?
How will I nurture my creativity today?
How will I nurture others today?
What will I learn?
What will I spend time meditating upon?

What will I 'think' about?

How will I feel?


Perhaps not a profound concept in itself, but, do we make choices for ourselves,
Or do we allow ourselves to drift along following others?
Do we follow our dreams?
Or do we even take the time to find out what our dreams are?

An early morning musing about choices.
I believe that I will take each question a bit more seriously this morning after I have some coffee and listen to a little Dan Fogelberg or other 'easy listening" oldies. As I go through my day, I will be staying in each moment and useing my energy to participate in the small and the not so small choices that present themselves along the way.

IN JOY Brightest Blessings,
GypsyOwl

Some of my choices for today..........
Music Today:
Cat Stevens "Oh Very Young"
Dan Fogelberg "Same Old Lang Syne"
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young "Teach Your Children"
Anita Baker "Giving You The Best That I Got"

Art Today: A logo I made for the GO_Kids forum over the weekend.
This still needs some work.









School Today:
Math. Business Math class begins today.
Finish up Geography course assignment index. ( Grade A ! )

Work Today:
Various tasks on my list to work on throughout the day. Primary task is to finish the September update on the shopping page/menu for the website.

Writing:
I am preparing for my very first NaNoWriMo participation.

A few other things: A nap, A call to a friend, and some cooking.

The 'thought' for today, for those moments when things feel differently than I have decided to feel today.....

"Butterfly shaped Stars"
I will imagine that every star in the sky is a butterfly.

What would you 'think' of?

No comments: